QUALICO HOPS BACK ON THE BIKE IN SUPPORT OF JDRF AND JUVENILE DIABETES RESEARCH
Winnipeg, MB – On November 12, Qualico Clockwork Angels hopped back on the bike for the Sun Life Ride to defeat diabetes in support of JDRF. This year, Qualico sent two teams to take part in the stationary cycling fundraiser held at the Shark Club Sports Bar in downtown Winnipeg. The Qualico Pedal Pushers joined in and together the two teams raised $3,150 for juvenile diabetes research.
The 2019 high-energy stationary cycling event featured nine teams with 47 participants, with each team member sprinting on a stationary bike for 10 minutes. In total, the ride raised over $10,500, achieving 140 per cent more than its goal, and Qualico Clockwork Angels contributed as the top fundraising team.
Jim Cooper, Director of Corporate Compensation and Performance Management, HR, captained Qualico Clockwork Angels and has supported JDRF for years. It took on special importance ever since his eldest son, Zack, was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes shortly after his 16th birthday.
“Our Qualico teams greatly enjoyed the experience of doing the JDRF Ride this year,” said Jim. “This is the first time it was held at the Shark Club and with a certified spin instructor leading us on. It was a treat to participate with colleagues from different parts of the company to form two teams and represent the Qualico name with pride.”
From left to right starting at the back, Qualico was represented by the following participants:
- Austin Goddard, Foxridge & Kensington Homes – Qualico Pedal Pushers
- Kyle Holodryga, Corporate Support Services – Qualico Clockwork Angels
- Melissa Unrau, HR – Qualico Clockwork Angels
- Jim Cooper, HR – Qualico Clockwork Angels
- Courtney Uruski, Foxridge & Kensington Homes – Qualico Pedal Pushers
- Colleen Chaput, Foxridge & Kensington Homes – Qualico Pedal Pushers
- Cindy Jacques, The Floor Show – Qualico Pedal Pushers
- Corinna Swiddle, Single Family Winnipeg – Qualico Clockwork Angels
- Andrew Kitkowski, The Floor Show – Qualico Pedal Pushers
- Rodrigo Ramirez, HR – Qualico Clockwork Angels
JDRF is the largest non-profit funder of type 1 diabetes research in the world and helps people of all ages and all stages of the disease. It hosts this high-energy cycling fundraising event in several cities across Canada to raise money and move research forward to find a cure for type 1 diabetes.
- Single-Family Homes
- Multi-Family Homes
- Building Materials and Services