2019 Edmonton Region Canadian Homebuilders Association Awards Of Excellence In Housing Recognizes Qualico Business Units
Edmonton, AB – Every year, the Canadian Homebuilders Association Edmonton Region honours the best of the best at the Awards of Excellence in Housing, celebrating the craftsmanship, design, marketing and sales of homes in and around Edmonton. Qualico was well represented at the gala, held at the Edmonton Convention Centre on March 16, 2019, with a grand total of 35 finalists across multiple business units for award categories ranging from marketing, sales, design, communities and homes.
Qualico Communities, Sterling Homes, Pacesetter Homes, StreetSide Developments, and Augusta Fine Homes were all recognized for their excellence in various categories, including a number of Qualico staff receiving accolades for their outstanding sales performance in 2019.
Qualico Communities Team posing with their award
The Uplands at Riverview won Best Show Home Parade
Qualico Communities won Best Show Home Parade for The Uplands at Riverview and was a finalist for the Best Community award and Best New Community.
“I am very proud of the great work from our whole team at Qualico Communities to be finalists in three of the development categories at this year’s CHBA Awards of Excellence!” said Brad Armstrong, Vice-President Community Development, Northern Alberta region.
DesignQ team celebrating their fourth win at CHBA-ER Awards of Excellence
“We are extremely pleased to have won the award for “Best Show Home Parade” in Qualico’s new community of The Uplands at Riverview. This was a true collaboration of our whole team, and of course, we could not have done it without each of the builders stepping up their game. When we first launched this neighbourhood we did it with the intent of building with Edmonton’s finest group of builders, including each of our internal brands of Pacesetter Homes, Sterling Homes, Augusta Fine Homes and Streetside Developments. This award recognizes the hard work of our team at Qualico Communities and the success we had in achieving that vision,” he said.
StreetSide Developments nominated DesignQ for Best Design Centre/Showroom, and won for the fourth-year running.
“We are humbled by this award and we’d like to thank the builders for all of their support, said Alyson Jackson, General Manager, DesignQ. “Thank you to StreetSide Developments for entering on our behalf.”
Sterling Homes also took home some trophies. In particular, Sterling Homes’ employees were well represented as sales volume award winners, tying Rohit Homes for most number of sales awards at the CHBA-ER 2019 Awards of Excellence.
Paul Singh clinched Platinum level for sales between $21-33 million, a great accomplishment. Chantelle MacKenzie, Ryan Richardson, Kelsey Priddle and Geoff McKay all won Bronze level for achieving sales between $12-14 million, congratulations! Chantelle was also a finalist for Rookie of the Year.
Sterling Homes also won the award for Best Multi-Family Townhouse/Duplex ($400,000 - $475,000) for their stunning Sahara home design.
“At Sterling Homes, we are proud of the high level achievement of our sales professionals," said Erik Eisen, Sterling Homes Sales Manager. "They work tirelessly for their clients to help them achieve the dream of home ownership. They are customer service focused and tenacious in their drive to be the best.”
The Sahara at Secord Heights won Sterling Homes Best Multi-Family Townhouse/Duplex ($400,000- $475,000)
Justin Nollette, Marketing and Digital Sales Manager was also proud of the team's accomplishments.
“We are proud to have been considered by the CHBA across so many categories,” said Justin. “Our achievements in sales and in design only validates our focus on homeowner satisfaction and we look forward to building on this success in the years ahead”.
Pacesetter Homes saw similar success with several sales awards and a trophy for best townhome.
Pacesetter Homes’ David Edmiston won Gold level for sales volumes within the $18-21 million category. Gaurav Dev and Biljana Spasojevic reached Silver level with $14-18 million in sales. Congratulations on all your hard work.
Sandra Turgeon and Vince Zumbo of Pacesetter Homes accepting their award for Lusitano
Best Multi-Family Townhome/Duplex ($475,000 - $550,000)
“We are very proud of our sales team who have all put forth a tremendous effort in a challenging market,” said Pacesetter Homes Vice-President, Lloyd Dumonceaux. "Our success is built on the strength of all our teams, and industry recognition for Guarav, Biljana and David, who also received a nomination for Sales Person of the Year, is a great acknowledgement of their high level of excellence.”
Pacesetter Homes’ also won for their remarkable Lusitano townhome in the Best Multi-Family Townhouse/Duplex ($475,000 - $550,000) category.
“Recognition for our duplex in Jensen Lakes is exciting, as this is a newer community for the Pacesetter brand. We are thrilled the product is so well received,” said Lloyd. “It was an honour to receive eleven nominations this year, including several for marketing and other homes. We feel this reflects on the efforts of the entire Pacesetter team.”
Augusta Fine Homes’ employee Nicole Carter was also recognized for her hard work with a bronze level sales volume award, nicely done.
Commitment from the business units to dig deep in a difficult market is exceptional, and is reflected in the trophies the teams took home this past awards season. Congratulations to all the finalists and winners!
The complete list of winners and finalists can be found below:
- Best Show Home Parade (The Uplands at Riverview)
- Finalist: Advertising Award, Best Direct Mail (x3)
- Finalist: Best New Community
- Finalist: Best Community
- Best Multi-Family Townhouse/Duplex ($400,000 - $475,000)
- Paul Singh: Sales Volume Award, Platinum Level ($21 million - $33 million)
- Chantelle MacKenzie: Sales Volume Award, Bronze Level: ($12 million - $14 million)
- Ryan Richardson: Sales Volume Award, Bronze Level: ($12 million - $14 million)
- Kelsey Priddle and Geoff McKay: Sales Volume Award, Bronze Level: ($12 million - $14 million)
- Finalist: Advertising Award, Best Direct Mail
- Finalist: Advertising Award, Best Digital Campaign
- Finalist: Best Multi-Family Townhouse/Duplex ($350,000 - $400,000)
- Finalist: Best Multi-Family Townhouse/Duplex ($250,000 - $300,000)
- Finalist: Chantelle MacKenzie, Area Sales Manager, Sterling Homes, Edmonton - Rookie of The Year, Single/Multi-Family
- Best Multi-Family Townhouse/Duplex ($475,000 - $550,000)
- David Edmiston: Sales Volume Award, Gold Level ($18 million - $21 million)
- Gaurav Dev: Sales Volume Award, Silver Level ($14 million - $18 million)
- Biljana Spasojevic: Sales Volume Award, Silver Level ($14 million - $18 million)
- Finalist: Best Sales Person/Team of the Year
- Finalist: Advertising Award, Best Radio Commercial
- Finalist: Advertising Award, Best Integrated/Mixed Campaign (x2)
- Finalist: Best Multi-Family Townhouse/Duplex ($475,000 - $550,000)
- Finalist: Best Single-Family ($500,000 - $550,000)
- Finalist: Best Single-Family ($260,000 - $300,000)
- Best Design Centre/Showroom (nominated by StreetSide Developments)
- Finalist: Advertising Award, Best Radio Commercial
- Finalist: Best Multi-Family Townhouse/Duplex ($300,000 - $350,000)
Augusta Fine Homes
- Nicole Carter: Sales Volume Award, Bronze Level ($12 million - $14 million)
- Finalist: Best Single-Family ($1 million - $1.5 million)
- Finalist: Best Single-Family ($700,000 - $850,000)
- Finalist: Best Single-Family ($600,000 - $700,000)
THE RESOLVE INITIATIVE CONTINUES TO PROVIDE SAFE HOUSING FOR CALGARY’S HOMELESS – A LOOK BACK AT THE IMPACTS OF QUALICO’S DONATION
- Single-Family Homes
- Multi-Family Homes
- Building Materials and Services
- Property Management